Herbal Calcium Formula
Formerly Herbal Calcium
1. We need calcium for nerve sheath, vein and artery walls, bone, teeth, etc. This combination is all pure herbs. It is also used for cramps, "Charlie horses" and for all calcium needs in the body.
2. Children with crowded crooked teeth, and later the wisdom teeth are pulled because of not enough room, is caused by a narrow jaw from not having enough calcium in the body. The mother carrying the baby before birth should increase her natural calcium intake, now for two people, her and the baby, so it will be built with good wide jaw and tooth material.
3. Sugars, pastries, soft and alcoholic beverages, breads, candies, etc., leach the calcium out of the body, causing varicose veins, cramps, Charlie horses, loss of teeth, nervous upsets, etc.
4. Allergy to milk is quite common, symptoms including asthma, nasal congestion, skin rash and various chest infections plus other, less noticed, symptoms such as irritability and fatigue. Milk also causes allergies, by diminishing hydrochloric acid necessary to digesting protein, causing the undigested protein to enter the bloodstream and promote allergic reactions. The calcium in milk does not metabolize properly, either; Dr. Ellis recommends eating green vegetables, sesame butter and sardines to obtain calcium.
5. Dr. Christopher feels that Calcium is the way to help a teething child get a tooth to come through easily. Fevers work in several ways. One is to raise enough temperature to move the body-building materials from one part of the body to a malfunctioning area. A good example of this is when a baby is trying to cut teeth. The tooth bud appears, becomes swollen and red, painful and irritating; but there is not enough calcium in the mouth area to help get the tooth through. When there is no surplus calcium available, the fever goes higher and higher, and the infant often goes into convulsions. Time after time we have seen the fever drop quickly as organic calcium has been given to the child. The convulsion stops, and the child falls asleep (from fatigue). In a short time the tooth or teeth start "popping through." If the parent uses medication to lower or suppress the fever and nothing else is done, he is merely working on the effect, and not going into the cause. In other words, he is stopping the attempt of a building process without assisting it to accomplish what the body is trying so hard to do.
6. Osteoporosis: "I would advise women to start calcium and Vitamin D supplements at age 30, or perhaps 25," says Dr. Jennifer Jowsey of the Mayo Clinic. With the average American diet, there's apparently a long term gradual loss of bone mineral exceeding the rate of mineral uptake and bone formation. In later years, when hormonal changes increase the susceptibility to osteoporosis, the skeleton has already lost a good deal of its substance. By then, because of previous loss, the rate of bone formation must not only equal the rate of bone demineralization (the normal condition) but must exceed it if bone strength is to be restored. It is far more difficult, Dr. Jowsey warns, to induce new, compensatory bone formation that it is simply to slow down bone demineralization. Adequate calcium and Vitamin D in the diet will go far to accomplish the latter. But preliminary finds, the Mayo scientist says, indicate that lost bone will not be automatically restored by such dietary correction.
7. Cortisone Users: How many people who are taking cortisone--all those several million of them--are aware that the drug can cause brittle bones? And how many doctors are going to tell their patients that it is a good idea to get substantially more calcium and Vitamin D into their diets before they begin splintering their bones
8. The Difference Between Organic and Inorganic Calcium. It has been mentioned in this article the difference between organic and inorganic calcium, and other minerals. The inorganic minerals are the ones that can be accepted into the body, but not assimilated. The inorganic minerals are accumulative, lie in deposits in weakened or injured parts of the body, to later give side effects or after effects.
Often times in purchasing calcium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, etc., we buy minerals of the inorganic type that has not gone through plant life and by osmosis made organic and given life so it can be assimilated. The type that can be assimilated is from herbs, fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts and seeds.
These are non-toxic, non-poisonous and non-habit forming, if chosen by one who knows assimilable herbs. We have been using a calcium formula for years to aid our patients and students in regaining a more perfect body structure.
9. A lack of calcium may be signified by headaches and/or leg cramps.
10. Colitis: In this disorder, the lower bowel is inflamed. There is often a connection between colitis and stress. We see diarrhea, pain, cramps, and even in the later stages, bleeding and dehydration. Calcium deficiency is common. Treatment include the mucusless diet, the lower bowel tonic Lower Bowel, slippery elm and comfrey tea and plenty of distilled water. An herbal calcium and nervine supplement will be beneficial.
1. Broken Bone: After the doctor has set a bone, drink three or more cups of comfrey tea [Complete Tissue & Bone] each day--the more the better. With each cup of tea take the calcium Herbal Calcium combination. For children old enough to take capsules, use two #00 capsules or more, three times in a day. As suggested, take these capsules with the comfrey tea. Mix the powder with blackstrap molasses, if it is hard to swallow the capsules.
2. Migraine Headaches: For a really severe migraine headache, apply cold packs to the neck and head while the patient soaks in a very hot tub or whirlpool. Be sure to drink lots of feverfew tea and water, take copious amounts of Herbal Calcium and try to enjoy the bath.
Calc-Tea is made of horsetail grass, oat straw, comfrey leaves and lobelia. As explained in the book "Biological Transmutations" the silica in horse tail grass converts to calcium, and the other herbs work in close conjunction with this master calcium herb.
1. Tooth Grows Back: My oldest daughter age 13 now, had a dental cavity at age 7 (the only dental cavity among our six children). We had the cavity drilled out and a filling put in by our local dentist. Two years later, the filling came out and a hole was left in her tooth. Nothing more was done about it except the herbal calcium formula that you recommend in your book, School of Natural Healing, made up of: comfrey, horsetail, oatstraw, and lobelia. This combination of herbs has been used very consistently by the entire family over the last two years. We have recently discovered that the hole where the filling was is now completely grown over and is absolutely unnoticeable even under close inspection. [NL 1-9]
2. Insomnia Cured: I have found great relief by taking Dr. Christopher's calcium formula and thyroid formula through the night which was recommended in his "How Important is Calcium" newsletter. I have recommended this treatment to others and to my mother and they all have found it helps their insomnia also. -A.R., Williston, ND [D. Christopher]
Useful in Treating:
* Broken Bones
* Varicose Veins
"Natural Healing with Herbs for a Healthier You"
Please note that we do not sell herbs on this site as we are an educational site only.
To find an herb shop we recommend please visit Christopher Websites
Dr. Christopher's Herbal Legacy