Description: Heart circulation, cholesterol, heart disease, palpitation, heart weakness, heart attack, how to strengthen the heart, stress on the heart, etc. Herbal Aids: Cayenne for Heart Circulation: Take cayenne, working up to a teaspoon three times a day. This increases the power of the heart and corrects the circulation problems. [SNH p.31]
Wheat Germ for Cholesterol and Heart: Wheat germ oil is excellent for feeding the heart and helps cut the cholesterol and smoothens its removal from the area. [SNH p.31]
Dropsy, Heart Disease: See formula using parsley, lily-of-the-valley, garlic, sugar and glycerine. [SNH p.102]
Heart Trouble, Palpitation. Make a decoction of tansy by simmering the herb 10 minutes, take 2 fluid ounces 4-5 times daily. [SNH p.123]
Motherwort Vies for the Honor of Being the Best Heart Tonic Known. It calms and supports the heart and nerves, and may be used in large doses. Motherwort is beneficial as a healing tonic in recovery from debilitating fever where other tonics are inadmissible; it is a good diaphoretic. [SNH p.298] SYRUP OF MOTHERWORT acute and chronic heart troubles. See formula using motherwort, water and sugar. [SNH p.299]
Compound Infusion (heart tonic, etc.) : See formula using motherwort, hawthorn berries, cactus grandiflorus, asparagus root or seed, bugleweed and lily-of-the-valley. [SNH p.300]
Heart Weakness: Scullcap combined with cayenne and golden seal cannot be surpassed. [SNH p.371]
Heart Palpitation: Administer hot valerian with cayenne pepper. [SNH p.377]
Heart Attack: Prop up the patient and pour hot cayenne tea down, ( use a teaspoonful of cayenne in a cup of hot water), and have the patient drink the full cup. and the attack will stop immediately. We have been called in the middle of the night so many times. A teaspoon of cayenne should bring the patient out of the heart attack. In case cayenne is not around and you have a heart attack, the dosage on black pepper can be tripled and used. [SNH p.409]
Hawthorn Berry Heart Syrup: Dr. Christopher's Hawthorn Berry Syrup to help Build and Strengthen the Heart: The heart is our life pump, and when it is not properly fed (with wholesome foods) it suffers malfunction (weakness and heart attacks) causing the heart failure condition that is one of the world's greatest killers. The mucusless diet used over a period of time can rebuild a heart to a good strong condition, but if the heart, its valves, and other working parts are in a weakened condition and need quick help we use a great "heart food or tonic" to assist it back to health. This food is the hawthorn berry ... This herbal formula is thought of by many to be a wonderful aid for organic and functional heart disorders such as dyspnea, rapid and feeble heart action, hypertrophy, valvular insufficiency sufficiency, and heart oppression. Hawthorn berry syrup is made with hawthorn berry juice concentrate using grape brandy and glycerine as aids and preservatives. Recommended dosage is one half teaspoon three times in a day.[HHH p.184]
Blood Circulation Formula: Dr. Christopher's Blood Circulation Combination: This formula is given to assist blood purifying teas to work more efficiently and to also help aid the clearing up of allergies, etc. This group of herbs feeds cayenne (a stimulant) and ginger (stimulant) into the circulatory system where the cayenne works from the bloodstream to the heart and arteries, out into the veins. The other herbs in the formula assist these two herbs and work together to equalize the blood pressure (whether high or low) and to bring it to a good systolic over the diastolic reading. Blood flow is life itself. The blood circulatory combination consists of ginger, cayenne, golden seal, ginseng, parsley and garlic. [HHH p.185]
Adrenal Formula: Dr. Christopher's Adrenals Formula: to Compensate for Stress Placed on Heart From Adrenals: Contains mullein, lobelia, Siberian ginseng, gotu kola, hawthorne berries, cayenne, and ginger. As this formula helps correct any imbalance in the adrenal gland it also compensates for any stress placed on the heart. [EWH p.208]
Calcium Chloride is a Great Heart Tonic. In fact, it is so potent and effective in its action upon a weak heart that the great English scientist, Sir Lauder Brunton, said: "Heart failure, which so often follows influenza and pneumonia, may be averted by the extended use of calcium chloride." [NL 1-11] Juices for Functional Heart Troubles: Carrot, cucumber & cabbage, endive, carrot & spinach, apple. [NL 3-5]
Testimonials: 1. A New Life Through Proper Diet and Herbs. Not long ago, we had an experience that we will not forget for a long time. A gentleman came to visit us on his way through the area with his wife, and when we saw him the previous year on a business deal, he was so bad that rigor mortis had almost set in. In fact, the medical doctors had refused to give him any more medication. He had a heart condition that had gone into dropsy, and his blood pressure was so high that he was just tottering around. There was so much mucus in his body that the tissue was completely loaded to suffocation. At the time, knowing of my profession, he asked what could be done. We started him off with a very simple procedure: We put him on nutritional herbs (fruits and vegetables--our Regenerative Diet) and on Medicinal herbs. Now, a year later, the man had just finished 8,000 miles of touring! He had the finest skin-color you ever saw, and it was a thrill to see a man so full of pep and energy. Tears dropped from his eyes in our meeting, because he was so happy to be alive. These are times that make it worth all of the trouble we have suffered to assure others (seeking vibrant life today or in the future) and to have the legal right to use and obtain healing with medicinal herbs. And here is a living example of our chief message that health begins in the bowel, for when the colon is clean, when we are free from the morbid matter that is toxifying and defiling the system there, then the system can be fed properly, and we begin to live! [SNH p.176]
2. Hawthorn Berry Heart Syrup Stops Heart Attack: One doctor who had learned the formula for Hawthorn berry syrup from Dr. Christopher raised his hand after a lecture to tell the following story. He had gone on a house call in response to a call about a heart attack, one so serious that the family was afraid that death was imminent. The doctor had no cayenne in his bag and the family had no cayenne; the doctor began to panic. He remembered that he had a bottle of Hawthorn berry syrup with him. The usual dose is a half-teaspoonful, but the doctor thought a little more might help, so he gave the patient a full tablespoonful. The patient drank it down, sat right up, and said, "Well, I feel okay". The doctor checked him with the stethoscope and the heart sounded alright. As the doctor said, "Talk about quick relief!" [UW-Hawthorn]
3. Hawthorn Cures Lifelong Heart Problems: During the second World War a man had been accepted to work in a large chemical depot. The firm had hired him because he was physically unfit for military service--he had a heart leakage--and they were short of manpower. They placed him in their construction division without a physical examination when he was sixty-two years of age, and he worked for them until he was sixty-five years old. He had begun using this heart tonic when he was sixty years old, using it faithfully because, according to him, it tasted good. Now he was sixty-five years old and the war came to an end. He was called into the company's main office, where they complimented his work record and asked him if he would remain as an employee. He wanted to, but feared the necessary physical examination. He finally agreed to take the examination.
You may imagine his surprise when he found that he had been given a clean bill of health. He asked the doctor, "What about my heart leakage?" The doctor replied, "I wish I had a heart as good as yours. You should never worry about dying from a heart attack; in fact, if you don't get hit by a truck or lightning you will probably die quietly in your sleep from old age and won't even muss up the covers." This man worked several more years at the plant, retired, and then lived on until he was in his eighties. On a July evening in 1970, he went to the rodeo with his family and enjoyed the evening like a kid as he watched his son ride and perform. The next morning one of his sons came over to his home and found his father lying peacefully in his bed. He had passed away with his hands folded over his chest and, just as the doctor had predicted, the covers were not even mussed up. No heart attack, just the final sleep of old age. [UW-Hawthorn]
4. Hawthorn to Feel Better: A lady once came to Dr. Christopher to have her irises read and was told that, among other things, she had a heart weakness. She was advised to use a half teaspoon of Hawthorn berry syrup three times a day. She began using the tonic on a Tuesday; before the week was even over she had experienced a dramatic improvement in her condition. [UW-Hawthorn]
5. Wheat Germ Oil Saves Man: I remember an incident well over twenty years ago when I was called upon to visit a home in Idaho to see a patient who was lying helplessly in a bed with a severe heart condition. He was not even allowed to get out of bed to use the bathroom and how he hated that bedpan! His family had been informed that he would live a few days because of his heart and they were also told that another attack might suddenly take him at any time. This gentlemen was from the old school of eating--a meat, potato and gravy man. He ridiculed the idea of a mucusless diet, a cleanse program and the use of cayenne, saying, "I love eating the way I have always eaten and would rather die early with a belly full of steak than live your way." Knowing that he was a cattle man I asked him what he did for his sick cattle. He explained that experience had taught him that the best medicine for sick cattle was wheat germ oil and he purchased it in large drums to supply his herds. I asked him if there was any reason, seeing that the wheat germ oil was good enough for his prize stock, why he himself could not use the same procedure. He was then instructed to use three to six tablespoons of the wheat germ oil each day.
One day two years later as I was waiting in the lobby of a Salt Lake City hotel I saw a man run up the front steps in great haste and into the lobby where I was sitting. When he saw me he came to a screeching halt, yelled my name, and vigorously extended his hand to me.
"Bet you don't remember me," he said. "I am that 'dying' heart patient in Idaho you saw a couple of years ago. I took that 'cow oil' (wheat germ oil) and in a few days was up and around; in a few weeks I was out on a little business and in six months was out with the cattle, doing a hard day's work. Boy, am I a ball of fire today. Thanks Doc." His thanks meant much more to me than any money I had been paid to make that house call. [NL 1-5]
6. Man Recovers Totally from Heart Attack: I have some friends where the wife was using some herbs, with good results, but her husband did not believe in them at all. One day he had a heart attack and was in the hospital for two weeks and was then sent home to rest. He was given an appointment to come back for tests such as the tread mill and that he may have to have a very dangerous surgery. His wife finally talked him into taking Cayenne and Hawthorn syrup. In slightly less than one week he went to the doctor. He went the full length of the tread mill without it even slightly affecting the heart. They then told him they had never seen such clean arteries. One month later he went back for another check up and he was told that in the fifteen years they had been treating him, never had his heart beat been so strong. [NL 1-11]
7. Woman Able to Stop Taking Heart Medicine: After purchasing your book 'School of Natural Healing' and learning the value of cayenne pepper, I have been taking it regularly since last December. I have had a heart problem 18 years and have had a pace maker for the last six years. I had been on digorin and inderol for seven years. With the use of the cayenne along with your health food program, my health has improved greatly. I no longer have to take any heart medication and my health in general is much improved. I am even rid of most of my varicose veins. [NL 1-12]
8. Various uses for Dr. Christopher's Hawthorn Berry Syrup: Monday afternoon we took a bottle over to my 85 year old sister-in-law who has been in and out of hospitals for years with a bad heart and a bundle of other ailments. She kept a large oxygen tank in her living room, as she had trouble with breathing spells. Believe it or not, after the first ½ teaspoon of hawthorn berry syrup she never used oxygen again, in fact, they had Medicare pick up the tank last month. Then they charged her $240 rental.
I have another business friend that weighs 440 pounds--63 years old. His heart stopped as he came home in an 11 in. snow storm April 5th. He was in the hospital 14 days. But the doctors never figured out why his heart stopped. When he came home from the hospital I gave him a pint of syrup and he is doing fine now....
My wife and I take the syrup morning and night. My wife noticed pains in her chest when working in the garden and shoveling snow last winter. Now she does not feel it any more, since she is taking the syrup. [NL 3-9] Dr. Christopher's Program for the Heart
Herbal Combinations: * Hawthorn Berry Heart Syrup * Blood Circulation Formula Recommendations: Hawthorn Berry Syrup; 1/2 tablespoon three times a day.
Blood Circulation; take 2-3 capsules between meals.
Blood Circulation extract; take 20-40 drops between meals. Single Herbs: Cayenne, Garlic, Hawthorn Berry, Wild Sage, Yarrow. Diet: Follow Dr. John R. Christopher's "Mucusless Diet". See Also: Adrenal Formula: Dr. Christopher's Adrenals Formula Blood Circulation Formula: Dr. Christopher's Blood Circulation Combination Cayenne: Dr. Christophers many Cayenne Combinations Hawthorn Berry Heart Syrup: Dr. Christopher's Hawthorn Berry Syrup Blood Pressure Entire Article on Hawthorn [UW-Hawthorn] Entire Newsletter "Let not your heart be troubled" [NL 1-5] Dr. John R. Christopher's "Mucusless Diet"